What to Support
Every contribution to St. George’s strengthens our ability to thrive in the near term and for generations to come. Donors can choose to contribute unrestricted gifts to The St. George’s Fund, which is our annual fund, raising the educational bar for current students. Or they can designate the uses of their gifts to meet specific needs of the school and their own philanthropic goals.
St. George’s Priorities
- The St. George’s Fund provides unrestricted, immediate-use dollars that support the school’s rigorous curriculum, dedicated teachers and wide-ranging extracurricular opportunities.
- Planned giving provides donors with an opportunity to realize numerous benefits – including valuable tax benefits, augmented income, a diversified investment portfolio, and even the possibility of making a larger gift than would otherwise be possible – and to create a legacy at St. George’s.
- Friends of the Chapel supports the ongoing restoration and preservation of what many consider the "Heart of the Hilltop". Organized in 2009, 546 Founding Friends (alumni, parents, faculty and staff, and other friends of the school) helped to raise over $1.27 million to fund the east wall and altar window project (2008-2010)
- Capital projects are an investment in the St. George’s experience – both in the new spaces that will shape students’ academic and social experiences, and in the landmark buildings that are so much a part of the St. George’s tradition.
- Endowment funds provide a reliable source of ongoing support for programs essential to our carrying out the mission of St. George’s. The uses of which can be restricted to financial aid, teaching, professional development, the Merck- and Horton Centers and the Global Engagement Program.